Can't have more than 12 BLE Characteristics

Hi all, I’ve been working on a project with the RSL-10 recently and I’ve found that when I try to add more than 12 BLE characteristics, the project will not compile. Is there any solution to this?

Thank you

It’s likely some sort of memory issue. Different dev kits have different constraints in that regard. Make sure you’re not using the String data type for your BLE characteristics unless you absolutely need to, since each one of those takes up a significant amount of memory. Could you maybe attach a failing project?

Hi,

I took a look at the project and what was happening on the backend – it’s just using too much memory. Here’s the specific error from the backend:

/app/sdks/rsl10_atmo/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Atmosphere_Project.elf section ._stack’ will not fit in region DRAM'

Unfortunately, the RSL10 is a memory constrained device, and there’s not much you can do except use fewer characteristics.

Could it be a power/brownout issue? Are you powering the RSL10 off of battery?

Thanks again Nick, I am currently using a battery to power the RSL10, but it doesn’t seem to do the same thing when I upload the BME680 demo project and just let that run for a while.

Also I filed a bug ticket so we can take a look at the lack of useful error information you received. Ideally, you would get something more specific in the UI.

Nothing is jumping out at me here. You could reduce memory by using a single interval element since all of the intervals are identical. You could be using slightly more power in this project for some reason? I would recommend trying with a steady power source to see if that helps, at least to debug.

-Nick

Alright, thank you for all your help!