Example Project, pages immediately return to Home

Noob alert -
I just followed the instructions for completing the “NXP Rapid IoT Display Page Guide”. This is the demo that creates several pages and uses buttons to navigate between them.
It compiles fine, loads onto the device, and I see the home page.
When I press on one of the (cap sense) buttons to navigate to another screen, I see that new screen for a fraction of a second, and then it returns to the home screen.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Dan

Also - and maybe has something to do with the problem?

In the instructions, this step I can’t make sense of. I don’t see these events and triggers anywhere:

Connect the selection page element to the buzzer element. The connection between the selection page element and buzzer element allows you to change the state of the buzzer while on the page using the bottom-left side button, which was connected to the pagination element earlier. This is done through adding events and establishing the proper triggers and abilities for the element.
Select the Set On trigger on the selection page element’s properties. Within the event, select the Turn On ability. This means when the selection page’s value is set to “on” the buzzer will turn on.
Repeat this process with the element’s Set Off trigger and Turn Off ability, so the buzzer can be turned on or off from the page.
(end of quote)

Can someone tell me how to perform these steps? I suspect maybe the menu names are different, but I don’t really see anything that makes sense. I’ve tried several things with no luck.
Thanks again
Dan

Hey Dan,

So I think I can help, there is a bug in the tutorial, which we are fixing right now, in that when you attached the SX9500Touch element to the EmbeddedPageController element in step 2 you end up with the default connection of the trigger event “Touch Data Read” from the SX9500 to the ability of the EmbeddedPageController of “displayRootPage” which means any time a touch event is read on the SX9500Touch it then causes the root page, or Home page, to display.

Check the connection between the SX9500Touch element and the EmbeddedPageController element and make sure that under the trigger for “Touch Data Read” you don’t have an event that fires of the EmbeddedPageController’s “displayRootPage” ability.

Thank you Kieron - that was it! I should have found that one myself…
While you’re updating the tutorial, some of the names of elements (and maybe events) don’t exactly match the actual items, so might as well double check those as well. And of course if you could put some screen shots showing how the project is wired up that’s always helpful.
Thanks again -
Dan

Yup will do. Thanks for letting us know! Happy creating!

I have the exact same problem while following the tutorial here.
The fix from Kieron was posted over four months ago (I don’t think I would have found it myself since I am new to this platform)

Do you plan on updating the tutorial soon to address this bug?

Also, the tutorial has several of these statements:

“The Embedded View designer should resemble the following image”

…but with no accompanying screenshot.

Do you plan on fixing this soon?

Thank you

Hey frankman1,

So looking at the tutorial it instructs the user to use the “Add Event” button in the element properties area after selected the correct trigger. So the tutorial is correct, however it might just be a little bit confusing as most of the time you would simply just expect to be able to connect them like that. Unfortunately we can’t really predict what the user might want, so the tool by default makes a selection based on what would be the common use of an element, and the most common trigger.

I will add a note to the tutorial to watch out for this, also make sure to get the screen shot into it as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Fair enough. Thank you for the clarification. You’re right that the “Add Event” would circumvent this issue. I must have dragged a line from one element to the other.

On a side note, how do I shutdown the Rapid IoT device? I know how to reboot, put it in programming mode, and reset the two chips’ firmware but I don’t see anywhere where I can just power it down. It just runs out of battery power if I leave it in any other state.

I know it’s not an Atmosphere’s device but I thought I’d ask in case you have experience using this device (NXP has not responded to me yet)

@frakman1 - Unfortunately, the Rapid IoT Kit can only be shut off using the On/Off switch on the Hexiwear Docking Station.