GPIO Status Display Help!

Good Evening All,

Hardware: ATMEGA 2560, WINC1500 WiFi Shield

I have a working, simple project. I toggle a gpio pin on and off, there’s a significant delay but it works. The issue is, I need to know the status of the toggled gpio pin. I am doing this by reading the toggled gpio pin, send to the cloud, grab from the cloud on a iPhone, and set hide or show of an icon to indicate whether the gpio pin is on or off. This sort of works, but is very inconsistent, when the gpio pin is steady on, the indicator on the app will randomly show and hide. Could somebody give me a proper idea of how to check the status of a toggled gpio pin and display that status over WiFi to my application(iPhone). Thank you in advanced for any time spent helping me out.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,
Did anyone ever reply? I want to do the same thing, but have not figured it out yet. I’m using the Huzzah32 and learning to turn on and off a light. But it’s a little confusing. The GPIO input pin to drive the light has to be set in the studio to “output push pull.”
Joe

Have you tried the push-button? I cannot get it to turn on the light, but the toggle switch works fine. I noticed that you posed your question 9-days ago. The long response delay might be caused by COVID and the 4th holiday. I also noticed 17-views. Are they all as inexperienced as we?

Joe

Hey Joe,

So I can turn the GPIO pin on and off no problem, I’ve used the regular push button and I’ve used the toggle, both work great from the iPhone. The issue is, I need to know the state of the GPIO that I’m controlling, this is what I can’t figure out how to do properly. I could really use some help on this as it’s for a project that is due in a few weeks. Thank you for reading Joe, hopefully we hear something soon.

Regards,

Tim

I’m trying to understand that as well. If I figure it out before you get an answer, I’ll send it along.

Joe

Start viewing at 40 min

Did you see the note at the bottom, start viewing at 40-min? Your solution is there.