Use esptools for Esp32 instead of Atmosphere Iot Agent

Hello,
Atmosphere-agent doesn’t work on my computer?
Can I use esptools instead ? and flash firmware of ESP32

I try to use the following command, after donwloading, the ESP32 not started
esptool.py write_flash 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0x10000 atmosphere-project.bin

Can we have the Memory map used by the agent to store the Bin file in the ESP32 ?

@davidrayfr - I’m not aware of any Agent issues. What version of the agent are you using? what OS? Thanks!

Hi David,

What issue are you having with the client agent? If you want to manually flash, you can use:

esptool.py --chip esp32 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0x50000 atmosphere-project.bin

-Nick

Thanks a lot !
it work, I can transfert the Bin file in ESP32.
Atmosphere Iot Agent does not wok on my Mac 10.13.6
No windows appear when I download Firware. Browser only propose to download zip file.
I try with Chrome, Firefox, Safari. Still same issue.
With ESPTOOL, It solve this point !

Hi!

I’m using Atmosphere IoT Agent 1.3.7 and Chrome 80.0.3987.87 on macOS 10.15.3.

I have the exact same issue: the Atmosphere Client Agent is not detected.

The Atmosphere Client Agent was not detected. Please start the Atmosphere Client Agent and try again.

• How can I download the .bin file? Downloading the source is easy but I haven’t found how to download the binary.

Thank you!

Same issue on Windows 10.

The Atmosphere Client Agent was not detected. Please start the Atmosphere Client Agent and try again.

However, the page https://localhost:48701/ displays

If you can read this then your Atmosphere IoT Agent is running correctly.

@Avenue33 - usually if you get that message it is because the Agent loaded after the Browser page. If you refresh the Browser - (Ctrl F5) - the Agent should be recognized.
Please test and let us know if that isn’t the case for you.
Thanks

Even after restarting the browser (either Chrome of Safari), the agent wasn’t recognised.

I had to power-cycle the laptop in order to get it work.

However one question remains:

• How can I download the .bin file? Downloading the source is easy but I haven’t found how to download the binary.